Thursday, July 23, 2009

SOME CHOCAMBLING AND A CROWD PLEASING TREAT...CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES!!!



Do you know what is the world's most favourite food. No, let me tell you, the world's most favourite luxury food is chocolate..hmmmm.....Can you tell me how much chocolate have you consumed till date???........well, I can't tell.I am a big chocolate fan, rather a choco-holic is the best word to describe my love for chocolates

I sometimes wonder how fortunate we are to live in a world having chocolates easily available in various forms all around us. Be it a super market, a shopping mall, or a pharmacy, every store has allotted a section specially for chocolates and chocolate lovers like me leave no opportunity to go without having it...:):):):)

On my recent visit to the library, this book CHOCOLATE, written by Nick Malgieri readily caught my attention. Oh boy, so many mind blowing choco-pes at one place and I was all willing to have it. When my husband asked me to make a cake for an upcoming birthday of one of his office colleagues, I knew what I am gonna make. One look at the recipe and I wanted to give it a try. I have never made a cupcake before and this was the perfect occassion to make this crowd pleaser.

The recipe is adopted from the book I have mentioned above, but I have made quite a few changes.



INGREDIENTS

1 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR (actual recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 TSP BAKING POWDER
1/4 TSP SALT
8 TBSP, 1/2 CUP OR 1 STICK UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED (actual recipe calls for 6 Tbsp)
1 CUP SUGAR
3/4 CUP COCO POWDER (actual recipe calls for 2 squares unsweetened chocolate,melted and cooled)
3 SMALL EGGS (actual recipe asked for 2 large eggs)
1/2 CUP MILK
1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT





CAN YOU RESIST THE TEMPTATION....


STEPS OF PREPARATION

1.Preheat oven at 350 Degrees and line one 12 cavity muffin tin with paper cups.

2.Sift together flour, coco powder, salt and baking powder.

3.In a bowl beat together sugar and butter with an electric beater at a medium speed for 5 minutes till soft and fluffy.

4.Add and beat eggs one by one and beat for 2 minutes till smooth and creamy.

5.Now add vanilla extract, then add flour mixture and milk alternatively and beat till well blended.

6.Immediately fill the lined paper cups 3/4 th and keep the tray on the medium rack of oven.

7.Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it has risen well enough and feel firm (check by inserting knife or tooth pick on the center of one cup cake, if it comes out clean then the cup cake is ready).

8.Serve as it is or frost as you like (I frosted with melted milk chocolate and dark chocolate shavings).



BROWN AND WHITE , CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES!!!

I am sending this pic to jugalbandi for their monthly event click.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shaista,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and your comment :) Yours is such a wonderful blog, so many recipes in 2 months only !! I quickly glanced thru your page and there are lots of dishes which i would surely like to try later. i have an exam coming up in a week, will go thru ur blog in detail after that. take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck tulip..thanks for liking my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam Alaikum and welcome to blogsphere Shaista.
    The cupcakes look very tempting.You have a tasty collection of recipes:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thanks for your wishes. i need them again for my results. it was a mix...but hope everything was okay :)
    your recipes and snaps are lovely. have to try some of your dishes soon :)

    ReplyDelete

A very warm welcome, Thanks for coming by and sharing your thoughts here. Do visit again...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin