Tuesday, July 14, 2009

HOT AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS




WOW!!! WOW!!! AWESOME!!! When I saw these grilled beauties, I couldnt stop myself saying these words over and over again. I usually bake chicken drumsticks in oven but this was the first time we grilled it. This is one of the easy-breezy chicken dish that can be prepared almost effortlessly. There is a marination time, though, from 3hrs to overnight. It can be a good conversation starter and can even be served as a side dish.

It is a great favourite in my home. I normally add red chilli powder to the marinade but this time around I wanted to make it as hot as I can. So, I generously incorporated chopped green chilli and red chilli flakes along with red chilli powder to give it a kick....

I bet you would love it, the spice is just perfect and satisfied my spicy tooth.....:):):) I will definitely gonna make this again pretty soon, you never know, maybe comin weekend..lol


INGREDIENTS

6 CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
1/2 CUP YOGURT
3 TBSP LEMON JUICE
SALT TO TASTE
1 TSP BLACK PEPPER (FRESHLY GROUNDED)
1 TSP RED CHILLI POWDER
1 TSP CUMIN POWDER
1 TSP CORIANDER POWDER
1 TURMERIC POWDER
1 TSP GARAM MASALA
1/2 TSP CHAAT MASALA
2 GREEN CHILLI (FINELY CHOPPED)
1 TSP RED CHILLI FLAKES
1 TSP GINGER/GARLIC PASTE
A PINCH OF YELLOW FOOD COLOUR
1 TSP TANDOORI POWDER





STEPS OF PREPARATION


1.In a bowl whip up yogurt and add all the spices one by one.

2.Take chicken in a large bowl, pour the yogurt marinade, mix well with hands and keep in the refrigerator to marinate for atleast 3 hours, overnight is good.

3.Build a fire in the grill. When coals are all ignited, the flames have died down, you are ready to grill.

4.Put the drumsticks on the hottest part of grill.

5.Sprinkle some oil on the chicken and cover the grill.

6.Change side once it is cooked on the other side, took almost 15 min.

7.Drizzle some more oil and cook till well done.

8.Check for doneness and serve hot with lemon wedges and salad.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Shaista, first time on your blog, have to say its making my mouth water :) Thank you so much for visiting my blog, helped me getting to know urs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear, Thanks for visiting my blog. The grilled chicken looks yummm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for ur nice words Roopa and Humaira..

    ReplyDelete

A very warm welcome, Thanks for coming by and sharing your thoughts here. Do visit again...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin