Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A BOWL OF CREAMY MANGO

SHAISTA'S CREAMY MANGO

Our daughter A's birthday is round the corner, she is turning one on July 29th 2009. We still can't believe that its already been a full one year of fun and laughter. It seems only yesterday when our little angel came in this world full of hustle bustle. Parenthood opened us to a whole new world~ a world which revolves around a tiny little being who needs endless care and love.



Coming back to the milestone birthday, we had been planning for almost a month, I finally managed to send the invitations today. It took me well over two weeks to finalize the e-invite, from selection of a background design and main image to appropriate wordings and suitable colours to go in the invite. We have booked a banquet hall in a nearby Pakistani restaurant, so we donot have to worry about the decoration and catering.


Besides placing an order for a birthday cake, there are other things to take care of. I have never been to a birthday party here in US, but came to know that party favours are being distributed among kids attending the party, to take home with them. I am still checking out different sites to make a list of those inexpensive things which can be given out.

So, if anyone of you have any idea of what kind of things can be given away and what activities/games should be included, do leave me a line.



CREAMY MANGO

This recipe came into existence couple of days back when I was feeling a bit lazy to make myself a breakfast.I ran out of cereal which I keep for such days, but as I saw these fully riped mangoes I knew what I am gonna do with them. Mango is one such fruit which I am ready to eat anytime in any form.

I am sending this creamy delight to sweet Srivalli who is hosting MANGO MELA and to wonderful Divya for her event..... and also here started by Ramki of one page cookbook.















I also want to thank apu of annarassa for including my entry in her MLLA12 roundup and for the welcome note she wrote.


INGREDIENTS

1 MANGO

2 TBSP HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM

1 TSP SUGAR

STEPS OF PREPARATION

1.Whip cream and sugar in a bowl with fork.

2.Cut mango in pieces of whatever size u like and add in the cream.

3.Mix well and serve chilled.

2 comments:

  1. That makes a lovely breakfast. Thanks for sending it to Show Me Your Breakfast event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaista, I love love mangoes and believe it or not mu mein paani aagaya. Pic is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

A very warm welcome, Thanks for coming by and sharing your thoughts here. Do visit again...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin