Wednesday, August 5, 2009

SIMPLE AND EASY: MATAR PANEER



Paneer dishes are not very common in Pakistan, I first tasted it at my grandparent's house in India and since then I am a big fan of it. I did not know then that it can be made so easily without much of a hardwork. During the earlier days of our marriage, my husband was very interested in what is going on in kitchen, what would he gonna eat that day, and in such mood he sometimes showed me his cooking skills. And I must say that he make one of the best matar paneer I have tasted so far.

INGREDIENTS

1 MEDIUM ONION (FINELY CHOPPED)
PEAS (1/2 CUP)
PANEER CUBES (10-12)
1/2 CUP GREEN BELL PEPPER (CUT INTO CUBES)
2 GREEN CHILLI (MINCED)
SALT TO TASTE
1/2 TSP TURMERIC POWDER
1/2 TSP RED CHILLI POWDER
1/2 TSP GARAM MASALA
1 TOMATO
2 TBSP TOMATO PUREE
1 TSP CUMIN SEEDS
2 TBSP OIL

STEPS OF PREPARATION

1.Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when spluttering starts, add finely chopped onion and green chilli.

2.When onion starts turning brown add tomato, salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and cook till oil separates.

3.Add tomato puree, peas, green bell pepper, enough water and mix well.

4.When the gravy starts boiling add paneer cubes, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
5.Sprinkle garam masala and serve hot with roti or rice.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so so yum . Matar Paneer is my favorite .I have awards and tag for you on my blog dear. Kindly accept it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....this is my favourite combo..never tried adding capsicum...looks drool worthy.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Lubna and Faiza for liking the recipe..

    ReplyDelete

A very warm welcome, Thanks for coming by and sharing your thoughts here. Do visit again...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin